Friday, August 29, 2014

Juliette Binoche: "I didn't want to be a star"


Juliette Binoche:


Waiting for an interview for a magazine I see it, trying to answer the question: why is it? Why Juliette Binoche now the first actress France? And as it is one of the few European stars, conquered Hollywood, managed, despite the relentless media attention, to keep all these years unavailability of his private life?




No one knows how she lives, how her kids, what are her relationships with her boyfriend and father of her daughter, actor Benoit Magimel. Fearlessly open up their emotions on screen and on stage, ready to literally turn soul into each new role, Juliet in life exaggeratedly reserved. Here and on issues related to the film Haneke, responds as if every clause of the contract. Polite, concise, technically. For all press conference a keen interest in her eyes, it seems, broke only once, when I lost a colleague from another magazine turn to ask her a question. "I've never seen that so did the journalists, " said Juliet.




Binoche, as they said in the old days, the typical "emancipa". Abrupt, sharp, swift. Juliet go the coat, short hair, suit rider. It feels hidden male rage and male certainty. Binoche began with a call, with a scandal, "Lovers New bridge", where she is in the role of one-eyed artist-tramp fearlessly flew on a jet ski on icy Seine. During filming, I almost died on a stone embankment. With this film began its glory of the first Actresses of France, and a long and exhausting affair with Director Leo Carax has become one of the main life's challenges. Relations were so strained, and the gap so painful that when Juliet received in the Berlin prize of the European film Academy for best actress, the curators of the ceremony had to smash his head: the Director and the actress categorically did not want to meet either on stage or behind the scenes.




The night will take many years. In her life there will be many more Prime, novels, festival awards. Will the birth of a child of Raphael, who is now 11, and daughter Hannah, age 5. Her Oscar for "the English patient". It will be La Binoche - the highest degree of recognition in France, when it is not required nor sonorous epithets, no detailed explanation. Recognized standard of exceptional lives and careers. Recently, according to opinion polls BBC she was in the list of 10 most beautiful women in the world. Moreover, combining the beauty of the external and the spiritual.





Juliette Binoche:


About what she thinks about this, I asked her after the press conference, when the journalists left and we were alone in the cabin Martinez.





Briefly and clearly



What is your biggest disappointment?
Perhaps, when I realized that my parents will never live together.




What would you like to change?


I'm constantly changing.





What things are you particularly attached?
Love your scarf - it is warm.




What do you like most about your body?


What it is not.





And not like?
When I start to think about it.





For whom or what you could sacrifice their lives?
Of course, for the sake of my children.




What you absolutely don't want?


The dependencies. In any form.




When things literally out of hand, you have some means to establish?


Yes! This vegetable broth from my nutritionist Madame Gesture.




How would you prefer to die?


Happy. (Laughs.)




If reincarnation existed, in what form would you like to return?


I don't think I want to go for a "second revolution"...




Juliette Binoche: Well, it's nice. But when I imagine that now all the life that you have to comply with this title, involuntarily covers longing: you don't put, don't eat it, without make-up anywhere... is this life? More important for me to be myself. However, the list of "best" is updated every year, and then the inevitable rotation.





"You're not afraid of it ever fall?
No seconds! Female beauty vulnerable, defenseless, dependent on many circumstances. And there is a human essence, which does not change from birth and belongs only to you. I am convinced that we remain as they were in five years. Even though life makes all of us to become worse. Both internally and externally.





Juliette Binoche:



- And you yourself have become worse or better?
- It's hard for me to imagine a person who could answer this question unequivocally. About myself I can say that over the years, and especially


with the birth of children, I became softer, more tolerant. Earlier was, perhaps, too opinionated, stubborn, straightforward. But in my defense, I can say I always tried to be honest. I sincerely tried to do everything right. But it didn't always work.





- What in your life has happened and what is not?
- Turned out to be a career. And not because I'm such a career lady. I never wanted to be a star. No one believes, but it is! I just had the determination not to compromise and to do only what I think I need. I was lucky, though, you probably should not be discounted and some of my ability to mummery. They also came in handy. What else happened? Children. Of course, children! Although my contribution is minimal. I long ago came to the conclusion: either you are lucky with the children or not.




- You have some of his methods of education?


- Can't say that I particularly care. I try to spend with them all my free time. It's true! And I'm not for one second forget that each of us is a child and it is necessary to listen, to care for him, to give him the opportunity to live, to breathe, to enjoy life. To understand this child, you need to feel tenderness - tenderness to himself. You should learn to accept their weaknesses and shortcomings - and then the same thing to you it will be easier to experience in relation to their own children and to others.





We so rarely think about it...
And very sorry. After all the tenderness of which I speak, is the feeling that you are part of a huge world, it is the desire to live and to sound in unison with others. A simple example: you get in your car, take a deep breath and decide that now would simply be to pass other drivers. Just ignore, because they may very well be your rhythm, speed, some funny complexes of superiority. Then you all begin to perceive differently, and the result, believe me, is manifested immediately: you suddenly notice that all goes well and even the police you smile!





In one interview you said that the truly happy are only on stage or on set, when I can become someone else, to forget itself. So you want to forget yourself, your daily life?
- I'm not one of those who believe that happiness is unpredictable and should fall down on you from heaven. Happiness is all the same kind of work, and in this sense our Psychophysics is the main working tool. For me to be an actress - it's a chance to relive some other experience, not one that can be drawn from our ordinary lives. While playing, I find freedom... within a prison. Inside his little private human life.




- You often had to play women with a strong character, able to overcome a difficult, even tragic circumstances. And what gives you the most strength to deal with life's difficulties?


First of all, I believe that in life everything changes, the black bars is not forever. I do not like the word "always" is it some fake. But, fortunately, in reality, nothing is forever, too bad. I think if you live permanently in this confidence, the subconscious will themselves be included such protective mechanisms that help to overcome any sorrow. For example, I have my own tried and tested way of getting rid of stress: we must learn to materialize unpleasant thoughts. You put them in a bubble and watch as it slowly disappears in the blue sky. Very helpful. And in my own experience I know that anger need something to transform. Never put him inside, not to let him strangle himself. It is useful to transfer their emotions on paper - keep a journal, write letters, which then do not need to send. Try to formulate what you feel. It is very useful to explain other: "do Not hurt me, because..." or "I am angry because..." do Not be afraid to shout. With a cry the pain goes. But inside of us should always be the person who controls our actions.





Juliette Binoche:


- You know the way to escape from loneliness?


- Painting! It all started with the fact that my mother bought me a wonderful series of books on the history of the art large format with wonderful illustrations. Years with ten I began to copy them, then drew a lot, tried to write with oil. When it came time to choose, I didn't know what I want more is to become an actress, or painting. Asked advice from the artist, a friend of my mother, and she gave me a poster for his exhibition with the inscription: "Why choose? Look at what gives you life, and do what you like". You can say that with this Board I still live.




- Judging by the roles that you choose, the most important decisions in the climactic situations you always take yourself.


Women make decisions when they do not or do not want to do men. That's exactly what I do, but only in those cases when it is necessary to do something, and all around just throw empty talk.





- In the movie "Chocolate" your character sees his calling is to restore people forgotten the taste of happiness, even though it is just the taste of chocolate. And for you personally what are the joy, the pleasure of life?
"Oh, I think that we should always strive to pleasure. It can be anything - food, travel, sex, walk on the beach, even tile Belgian dark chocolate... Why not? Pleasure is a miracle. I know that there are, as you can experience the fun. While our body and soul are able to rejoice pleasure - believe me, all really good!..




Appears in the doorway agent Binoche, all your unyielding as if to say that the interview is over. Finally, ask whether she wears black. Juliet smiles: "This question reminded me of the first replica of "the Seagull" in which I played many years ago: "Why do you always walk in the black? " So, it seems, Chekhov? By the way, put the performance of your compatriot, film Director Andrei Konchalovsky. I was Nina Zarechnaya. In order to penetrate the Russian spirit, even specially flew to Moscow, visited the Art theatre, was down in the Moscow metro. It was the midst of perestroika - the mid 80s. Very good time! No, black color for me is not "mourning for my life, and something like the usual actor's camouflage. I feel more secure among the Cannes crowd, more confident, because I think it made me a little flatter the figure. And also because in it I less visible. I told you that I don't like to be a star! "





Juliette Binoche:


Personal business




1964, Born on 9 March.


1985 "Date" A. Tesin - film opened Binoche.


1991 "Lovers of the New bridge" L. Superhero.


1993 prize of the Venice film festival and the award BAFTA award for her role in "Three colors: Blue" K. Keslevskogo.


1994 the Birth of his son Raphael. Exhibition of art works Binoche


1995 Contract with the brand Lancome.


1997 Oscar for her role in "the English patient" E. Minelli.


2000 Birth of their daughter Hannah (named after the heroine Binoche from "the English patient"). Departure from France to play on Broadway.


2002 Recognized as the highest paid actress in the entire history of French cinema.


2003 Is a brand of clothing and accessories Gentryportofino.


2005 Cannes premiere of the film "Hidden" Michael Haneke.


2006 Simultaneously working on seven projects.




Filmography Juliet Binoche








Source:

Psychologies
















No comments:

Post a Comment